NAHB Press Release
WASHINGTON, Sept. 5 - More than a dozen trade associations and industry groups have signed on as Supporting Organizations for Design & Construction Week, TM joining forces for what promises to be the largest-ever residential construction exposition in the nation in 2014.
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) will launch Design & Construction Week Feb. 4-6 at the Las Vegas Convention Center as the International Builders' Show (IBS) and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) co-locate for the first time.
Supporting Organization members will enjoy discounted registration for the event, while the organizations' leaders will be invited to participate in the Design & Construction Week Roundtable to discuss trends in the U.S. housing market and exchange ideas with other industry notables.
"Home builders are part of a large, diverse supply chain that includes a variety of organizations representing all the professionals who plan, design, build and remodel America's housing stock," said NAHB Chairman Rick Judson, a home builder and developer in Charlotte, N.C.
"By inviting our Supporting Organizations to be part of Design & Construction Week, we can take better advantage of this event to advance the professionalism of the entire industry through education, networking and product knowledge," said NKBA CEO Bill Darcy. "Bringing together our industry's thought leaders once a year is a great place to start," he said.
Both IBS and NKBS opened their attendee registration process earlier this week. And, exhibit space for both shows continues to sell at a brisk pace.
"Design & Construction Week offers manufacturers and suppliers the unique opportunity to reach two very large audiences for the cost of exhibiting in one trade show," Judson added. "That, combined with an improving housing market, is translating into these bigger exhibit space sales."
Supporting Organizations announced so far include:
- Accessible Home Improvement of America (AHIA)
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- American Supply Association (ASA)
- Association of Closet and Storage Professionals (ACSP)
- Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA)
- CTIA-The Wireless Association (CTIA)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA)
- National Lumber & Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA)
- National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
- National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA)
- North American Building Material Distribution Association (NBMDA)
- The Presidents Council
- Window Coverings Association of America (WCAA)
- Wood Products Manufacturers Association (WPMA)